VIEW THE SUPERINTENDENTS VIDEO HERE: https://youtu.be/K28luVPNoWs
Dear HPSD Family,
On Tuesday, October 13, 2020, the HPSD Board of Trustees approved the District’s revised recommendation on how we will move forward with Phase III of our Restart and Recovery Plan.
The purpose of the plan is to ensure a safe return to school while continuing to meet the academic needs of students. The District has completed Phase I (100% Virtual) and Phase II (Hybrid). We will be moving forward with the details below for Phase III:
- Phase II (Hybrid) will be extended to Friday, October 30, 2020
- Phase III begins on Monday, November 2, 2020, using the traditional model of instruction
- Parents will be given a one-time opt-out opportunity
- Either from traditional (in-person) to 100% Virtual or
- 100% Virtual to traditional (in-person)
- Parents must complete and submit the 100% Virtual Learning Option Parent Consent Form no later than October 23rd
- Students who have failed the first nine weeks WILL NOT be allowed to attend school virtually unless medical documentation is provided
- Scheduling considerations will be given to seniors who have met graduation requirements
- The administration will adhere to MDE accreditation standards
- The Superintendent has the authority to revert to Phase I (100% virtual) or Phase II (Hybrid) for any class(es), grade(s), and/or school(s) due to safety concerns of staff and/or students
- The District will continue to review and revise the plan as needed
The following mitigation steps will remain:
- The district will adhere to the guidelines set forth by the MSDH and MDE.
- Additional daily cleaning by all custodial staff members and teachers.
- Daily temperature checks, health screening, and social distancing when possible.
- Staff, students, and visitors will be required to wear a mask/facial covering while on campus.
- Hand sanitizer stations will be available throughout campuses.
- Student’s resources will be individualized (when possible).
- Seating and movement using appropriate distancing and in one direction (when possible).
- There will be no large assemblies beyond the number recommended in CDC guidelines.
- To protect the safety of our students and staff, HPSD will limit visitors to the school buildings.
- Temperature screening will be done on all visitors, including parents.
- Each visitor will also be required to wear a face mask or facial covering.
**Subject to change based on updates and recommendations from the CDC or MSDH**
Superintendent, Hattiesburg Public Schools