Grace Christian Elementary School, Built in 1958. Named for educator Grace Christian who taught school in Hattiesburg from 1903 until 1945. She first taught seventh grade. Next she taught at Camp School. Then she served at Court Street School (Walthall School) where she was principal from 1905 until 1945 when she retired. At the dedication ceremonies in 1958, Miss Christian was congratulated by three generations of her students. It is currently an elementary school grades Pre-K-5.